This month we’re thinking about simple pleasures. Over the last eighteen months, we’ve probably all come to appreciate small things that we used to take for granted. Here, in no particular order, is our list of everyday activities that make life more enjoyable.
Ten easy ways to brighten your day
- Breakfast, or simply the first cup of the day, outside on a fine morning
- A chat with a good friend, especially in person
- Browsing in a bookshop, then settling down with a new book. Take a look at our Reading List page for some ideas
- Savouring a coffee from a favourite cafe and watching the world go by
- Learning the names of different kinds of wildflowers, butterflies and bees and spotting them when you’re out and about. If you’re in the UK, you can take part in the Big Butterfly Count which runs until August 8th. Full details here
- Cutting flowers from the garden to fill vases indoors
- Trying out a new recipe and sampling the results
- Cooking with fresh herbs you’ve grown yourself
- Going for a walk in the early evening as everything settles down for the day
- A relaxing bath while listening to music you love
What would be on your list? We’d love to know – please tell us in the Comments section below.
Until next time, stay safe and well,
Claire and Sam
3 thoughts on “Celebrating simple pleasures”
Walking my dog first thing, and chatting with other dog owners doing the same.
That sounds like a lovely way to start the day 😊