Do you find there are times when your skin needs a little more care than usual? If so, we hope that these simple skincare tips will come in useful to enhance your normal routine:
Simple skincare tips
- When you use your facial cleanser, gently massage it into your face using circular movements. Don’t forget your forehead up to the hairline as well as your neck. Upward movements from your collarbone feel good and support the skin rather than dragging it.
- Even if you don’t wear a lot of make-up, try to take as long to remove it as you do to apply it! Massaging cleanser into your skin for 60 seconds before removing will give it time to work and remove all the dirt and pollutants your skin has been exposed to during the day.
- We’ve mentioned before the benefits of drinking water. Skincare experts suggest that if you have a skin flare up or upset, as well as making sure you’re hydrated, washing the affected area with water alone will give your skin chance to rest, and is a better solution than simply trying different products (guilty of that, here!)
- You can turn to the kitchen and make a revitalising face pack using natural ingredients- we found some great suggestions here
- Of course, nourishing your skin comes from within and avocados are a particularly good source of nutrients, like Vitamin E, that give skin a boost. Why not try crushed avocado, blended with some broad beans/fava beans, spinach leaves and lemon juice served with cucumber, herbs and seasoning to taste. Serve on toast, rice cakes or as a salad topping.
- If your skin is dry all over, it can help to take cooler showers/baths and exfoliate gently as well as using your usual moisturising cream.
Do you have any other skincare tips? We’d love to hear about them in the comments below.
Until next time, stay well,
Claire and Sam