In the October chapter of our book, Little ideas for living life well, we talk about ways to make this time of year cosier and more enjoyable. Today we thought we’d share a selection with you. Here are
Five ways to live life well in October
- On a sunny day, get outside for a walk or a bike ride and enjoy the changing colours of the autumn leaves
- Make a comforting casserole or soup using seasonal ingredients like squash or pumpkin
- Find your cosiest sweaters and scarves
- Make a seasonal playlist – ours would include Nat King Cole singing Autumn Leaves – click here to listen now
- Settle down for a relaxing afternoon with a new novel or a classic film and a warming drink
A simple recipe to make a spiced latte
If the last suggestion appeals to you, here is a quick and simple recipe for a spiced latte:
In a small saucepan combine a mug of milk or non dairy milk, two small spoonfuls of turmeric and fresh or dried ginger to taste. Heat gently then pour into your mug, add sugar or honey to sweeten and sprinkle a little more turmeric on top. Enjoy!
We’d love to hear about any other ways you like to make the most of this time of year – please do let us know in the comments below.
Enjoy the rest of October and we look forward to seeing you again next time,
Claire and Sam